Well, with all these releases Phil gets involved in, it is of no wonder that reviews come in on a regular base.
Here some of the more recent ones:
- ViriAOR discussing Phil Vincent‘s Hypocrite album: “An album that handles all musical styles in brush strokes, and that personally, is what I liked most about him lately. Highlight guitar solos by experts Vince O’Regan and Peter Cox. A compact, entertaining and interesting album.” (5/5)
- and 5 stars for Legion and Rising from ViriAOR
- Back to DMME and Phil Vincent. Another 4/5 stars, with Dmitry stating “quite an unexpected move for Phil, but the contemporary sonics show how valid such an approach is in an appropriate context”
- Over to Germany now, where PowerMetal.de has a lot of good things to say about Rising from Legionwith qualifications like “flawless”, “no shortage of hooks”, or “still a long way from old-timers and still lots to say” (7.5/10)
- Strutter and Gabor had a bit of catching up to do. On this page you can find reviews for:
– D’Ercole – Made to Burn (8.1/10)
– Legion – Rising (7.7/10)
– Phil Vincent – Hypocrite (8.1/10)
- and the last one for today is from Belgium’s Concrete Web, talking about Rising from Legion with lots of positives. The songwriting, the sound, the execution. Resulting in a warm Recommended.
Here an overview of the mnay excellent reviews that keep coming in:
- Dutch site White Room Reviews writes about Legion: “Rising shows that Legion can still rock. Good thing they are back”
- US site Sea Of Tranquility rate Cranston - II with 4 / 5 stars: “CranstoN proves to be an excellent venture with a professional production and melodies all over the place. A highly recommended release”
- and they appreciate D’Ercole‘s Made To Burn with 3.5 / 5 stars: “If you enjoy melodic hard rock and AOR with strong lead vocals there should be a lot to love here”
- Then on to Dutch site Lords Of METAL: a 72 / 100 for Phil Vincent‘s Hypocrite album: “another very enjoyable album”
- and a 75 / 100 for Legion and Rising: ” interesting from start to finish, I like Rising so maybe I should start tracking down their back catalogue”
- Phil Vincent did an extensive interview with Swedish site Rock United which you can read in full here
- Musipedia of Metal rate Legion with a 7 / 10: “on the basis of this album I’d happily hear a lot more of this rock band”
More To Come!
From about all of the world reviews are arriving. So some of the ones we liked best:
- Aussie site Melodic Rock hands the second Cranston album a 78%! Not sure what the point with the production is, but we will take it! Thanks Andrew.
- Dutch site Rockportaal wrote about Legion - Rising, as well as Phil's latest solo album Hypocrite. Lots of positives too!
- Dmitry Epstein from DMME rewareded the Legion album with an awesome 4,2 / 5 stars!
- Another great review comes from France, where Metal Integral applauds Hypocrite with 17/20 points.
- And last but not least, Paul Woodward was impressed by Cranston's second album, naming it one of Phil's best albums so far!: