- the first one can be found on Dutch site RockPortaal. They have lots of praise for the Cranston - II album.
- Franch site Metal Integral go a step further with a blistering 17/20 rating for Cranston!
- Uk site The Rocker is critial on part of the D'Ercole album Made To Burn. But loves the other part: here the words:
Another record featuring insomniac Phil Vincent on vocals. Well he must be with the number of records he appears on. This one is the fifth album under the D’Ercole banner with guitarist Damian D’Ercole of that ilk.
Like everything that Mr Vincent does this is firmly in the world of eighties melodic rock. Now he’s a good singer and he’s written some good songs here. However, it’s the slower, more mellow tracks that come off best with ‘Out Of Time’ and ‘Open Your Eyes’ coming straight from the world of bands like Shooting Star. However things dip when they try to rock it up a bit.
That seems to be a production problem bearing in mind how well the aforementioned songs have come out but numbers like ‘Feel The Burn’ end up sounding like demo tracks rather than the finished article. So the mid-section of the album is a struggle for me but then and out and out AOR delight like ‘Only A Feeling’ comes along and all is forgiven. There are a few special guests along for the ride with Paul Sabu and Vince O’Regan among them. It’s half a good album but that half will be a treat for fans of eighties styled melodic rock.
- and last but not least a German one from Musik Reviews. This often very critical site offer a 12/15 rating for Cranston and say it is "Above average good, ultra-conservative and therefore surprise-free AOR or melodic rock of two absolute professionals in this field".
- First the picture on the left. It is in Spanish from the This Is Rock magazine, edition 175. We are told it is a good review. The writer only a slight problem with the sound of the drums
- next is a review for Cranston - II on DMME. Writer Dmitry calls it "a sophomore effort that bares their arena-minded ambition" and hand a very nice 3 3/4 out of 5 stars!
- Next Your Music Blog, also on Cranston - II. They say "Lots of variation in between the 11 tracks. But all prove that Phil and Paul have a great thing going. Fingers crossed we are treated to more of this."
- and the last one for now is from another Spanish site, Viri AOR, also on Cranston - II. Writer Alicia has a lot of good things to say about the album and 5 stars and a Recomended prove the point.
Thank you to all the writers!
Here a couple of recent reviews that have caught our attention:
- First is Glory Daze Music writing about the second Cranston release and handing it a 8.5/10!
- Second is Paul Woodward at Fireworks Magazine calling D'Ercole's Made To Burn album one of Phil's strongest to date!
- and last but not least we have for you Jason Ritchie from Get Ready To Rock, with a 4/5 stars for Cranston- II
Check the links for details and thanks to the writers!